Sunday, September 13, 2009

Picking up where Xanga left off.

I used to blog a lot, but I stopped. I got super bored with it, Xanga got really stupid and... well, I guess that's it. And now I feel like blogging again. Not sure why, not sure if anyone will read this, but I guess I'll just go with it, and, well, blog.

I had a great weekend with my in-laws, saw an old and fabulous friend, made some carrot-and-ginger soup and slept a lot. Exactly what I needed. On the way back to Harrisburg, we stopped at Tait Farms, where I have literally wanted to stop every single time I have driven past it and never have. Today I did. Robert stayed in the car and worked on school stuff and I wandered around the rows of fresh produce and pumpkins, and the last tomatoes and sweet corn of the summer. I bought a pint of honeycrisp apples (the BEST apples ever), some sweet corn, fresh spring mix, and some butter pecan pancake mix.

It's really strange how much these things excite me. I have always loved to cook and have loved food, but I have a real passion for cooking and creating fresh, delicious meals. Maybe I'm nesting, I don't know... but when we got home tonight I spent two hours in the kitchen making food for the week: the aforementioned soup, fresh guacamole and salsa... and it was a blast. Anyway... just get ready for a bunch of yapping about cooking. And a bunch of ellipses too, I don't know what that's about.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging...it offers us more way to stay connected. And I am so glad you stopped at Tait's Farm--quite a place isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is weird and hilarious, but i just spent last night (sunday) making bales of carrot ginger soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis--love hearing your humor here, this is great! I know what you mean about getting crazy amounts of pleasure in cooking and looking at/handling beautiful vegetables and fruits. I'm the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh, home-grown produce and ellipses are the sure answer to MY happiness, so it makes sense that you like them, too.
    And now let the blog-stalking begin.
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are blogging! I used to blog, but I was young and stupid and blogging like journaling let me down, but I once again have a desire to do it again... maybe it's because I LOVED Julie and Julia? But you might have inspired me to take up the bloggin again!

    Can't wait to read about your adventures =)
    love you!
    E

    ReplyDelete