Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Updates.

Collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done
-Feist

I've been pretty busy lately, which isn't really news. I'm always busy, and I think that I, in equal parts, thrive on it and hate it. I get bored easily, and if I am idle for too long, I feel lazy. Then I feel guilty. Is that normal?

Anyway, despite how interminably crazy my job has been lately, I have enjoyed lots of time with my husband and friends. I've done a lot of cooking, I've started exercising semi-consistently, I've lost a few pounds. I'd like to lose more pounds, but whatever. We'll see.

I turned 30, which I was expecting to be a way bigger deal than it was. I spent my birthday weekend camping with friends at Gifford Pinchot State Park, where, in an unbelievable feat of irony, we got busted for drinking beer. On my 30th freaking birthday. I couldn't help laughing to myself as we poured like 40 beers out on the ground. Ridiculous. But it was a fantastic weekend... I love camping and sleeping in a tent.

I do feel totally ready for my 30s... I sort of felt 30 as soon as I turned 29. I don't know if it was the anticipation, or that Robert was 30, but I definitely felt like it was time for me to embark on a new phase. I'm trying not to freak out about things that I feel like I should do now, (or should have done by now), and just accept that everything happens just as it's meant to.

I think I'm going to try to update this thing more often too, so we'll see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment