Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the worst news.

I really didn't want to write something like this in a Facebook note, but I figured it was the easiest way to share it with a large number of people at once.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. Robert came with me, and we were going to a new doctor, who we both really REALLY like. According to the doctor's calculations, today I am nine weeks and five days pregnant. They did the normal pregnancy exam stuff, then an ultrasound. Robert and I both were super excited about this. The thing was, the fetus was really really tiny. Like way too tiny for an almost ten-week fetus. They called the doctor in, and he zoomed in on what measured to be a six-week fetus... with no heartbeat.

So, my very worst fears were confirmed, and we had a miscarriage. We are both heartbroken, but okay, thanks to the support of family and friends. I am grateful for all of your congratulations and wishes of love and support for our little one. Love shared is the greatest gift.

Love,
Alexis and Robert

1 comment:

  1. ...and grief shared helps ease the pain. I admire your courage to write this with your grief so raw. I love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete