Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 or bust.

I read a lot of great retrospectives on 2009 recently, so I thought I'd throw my proverbial hat in the ring and write my own. It has been quite a year for me - big milestones, small milestones... one of my resolutions for the new is being thankful for all of them.

This year I married Robert, which was by far one of the most beautiful and happiest moments in my life. Today is our five-month anniversary. Every morning I wake up thrilled and proud to be his wife, and grateful for the life we share. We've already experienced the profound loss of our first pregnancy, and as heartbreaking as that was and still is at times, we both agree that it has brought us closer together - the blessing of each other as well as the love and support of the many amazing people in our lives has helped us weather this difficult time. So although it has been a deep, difficult grief unlike any other I have experienced, I am ultimately thankful for it and am learning from it every day.

Other notable happenings this year:

~ Free Shakespeare in the Park - I realized that this summer's Cymbeline was my eighth FSIP endeavor. Yikes.
~ Read some great books - notably, Persepolis, several Christopher Moore books (I think my fave of 2009 was A Dirty Job, and Let The Northern Lights Erase Your Name by Vendela Vida, which I received from my sister-in-law for Christmas and immediately devoured.
~ Cooked a LOT - the older I get, the more important cooking has become to me. I have always enjoyed it, but now I really love it - the importance of cooking for family and friends has become a very important part of my life. So come on over and I'll cook you dinner.
~ Visited Oregon for our honeymoon - we enjoyed a week in Ashland, Oregon, a place neither Robert or I had ever been, but had always wanted to go. We saw some great Shakespeare, did a lot of hiking, ate a lot of fabulous local food and walked everywhere. Total bliss.

There were many more beautiful things that happened in 2009, but I'm ready to move forward. Thank you for your friendship, and here's to a new decade.

2 comments:

  1. so great to read this post--and wow, I think you are the only person in the world who actually reads the books I give to you--not that you have to now forever, but i am so glad you liked the vida book!!! I thought you would!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Bigfoot Film Festival is a success!

    I have invited many notable bigfoot and cryptozoology researchers to attend!

    Best wishes!

    Sharonlee, The Bigfoot Field Reporter

    ReplyDelete